The St. Albert Housing Society recruits and develops a volunteer Board of Directors through the identification and involvement of interesting and inspiring individuals who are dedicated to working collaboratively to improve housing options for all members of the community.
- Commercial banking professional for more than 37 years.
- General Manager, Real Estate Lending of the Canadian Western Bank.
- Extensive experience in real estate lending, including land development, interim construction financing, and multi-family residential construction.
- Received Bachelor of Commerce with a specialization in finance and marketing.
- Bachelor of Commerce degree majoring in finance and accounting.
- Senior financial management for over twenty years with major international energy company.
- Certified General Accountant for more than thirty years.
- Long time volunteer with Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.
- Cheryl Dumont, a supporter of the HomeConnection program was first appointed to the St Albert Housing Society Board as a volunteer Director in December of 2014.
- Affordable housing and education are Cheryl’s passions. She is a member of the PEO – a group of women who raise dollars to support women with the cost of post-secondary education and is also a Director and Vice Chair with St Albert Further Education/STAR Literacy.
- Cheryl was elected to the St Albert Public School Board as a Trustee in October 2010. Currently vice-chair for that board, Cheryl served on the district’s ATA negotiating team, audit committee, Long Service Committee and the local Community Advisory Committee (RCMP).
- She is the Chair of the Albert School Board Association Zone 2/3 and is the long time Chair of their Advocacy and Language Committees. Cheryl and her husband, Marshall, have lived in St Albert since 1996. They have three children and seven grandchildren – all who live in St Albert and north Edmonton. She has an extensive background in the insurance industry and ran her own business.
- Has been a Realtor since 2015.
- Feels trongly about participating in giving back to the community.
- Has livied in St. Albert since 2012 and with his wife have raised 3 children in the community.
- Has been involved in the community through various sports teams, fundraisers for teh Stollery Hospital, building awareness in support of SCARS and participation in the City of St. Albert public participation policy committee.
- Practicing lawyer for more than 25 years in the areas of business law and real estate.
- Partner in the St. Albert law firm Gaffney & McGreer LLP since 1998.
- Past President of the Stettler Chamber of Commerce.
- Past Director of charitable organizations including Big Brothers & Sisters, a group home for adults with disabilities and children’s choirs.
- Long time management executive at Imperial Oil.
- Bachelor of Commerce with a specialization in marketing, economics and psychology.
- Has led a number of business and community organizations, including the St. Albert Economic Development Advisory Committee, the Northern Alberta Business Incubator, St. Albert Tourism Committee, St. Albert Men’s Slow-pitch Association and St. Albert Chamber of Commerce.
- Served on the City of St. Albert Council from 2010 – 2013 and led initiatives to promote economic development and business growth in St. Albert.
- Board Director Alberta Capital Finance Authority.
- Spent 15 years working as a Senior Investment Advicsor with RBC Dominion Securities.
- Public Sector experience with Alberta Department of Energy as Director of Incentives and as Senior Policy Advisor
- Served as volunteer to a variety of St. Albert organizations.
- Has been a St. Albert resident for 39 years, and along with his wife, has raised three daughters and now has 7 grandchildren, all living within the community.