If you wish to take part of the St. Albert Housing Society and volunter, please use the form below and we'll contact you regarding any upcoming opportunities.
The important work that St. Albert Housing Society does would not be possible without the support we receive from our donors, sponsors and volunteers.
As a registered charity, St. Albert Housing Society relies on community support in order to serve:
- Victims of domestic violence who need to re-establish a safe home environment;
- Single parents with limited income or who need to return to school;
- Seniors living at or below the poverty line with no savings to draw on; and
- Household in critical need of housing with no savings to draw on.
Become a Board Member
St. Albert Housing Society (SAHS) is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing safe, affordable rental living options in St. Albert.
The Board of Directors provides the key leadership and governance of the Society. The Board sets policy and provides leadership to implement policy.
- Support and look for opportunities in the community through which to further the mission and vision of SAHS;
- Maintain the highest level of standards regarding the fiduciary management of the Society in accordance with the Society’s bylaws and legislation;
- Participate in setting the strategic and annual business plan to set overall direction of the organization;
- Prepare for, attend and participate in board meetings on the third Tuesday of each month;
- Serve on ad hoc sub-committees as required;
- Advocate for and serve as a champion of SAHS and affordable housing options within the community;
- Actively participate in all major policy, legal and fundraising responsibilities of the Society;
- Assist with fundraising efforts to build the Society’s financial capacity that will allow for the acquisition of affordable housing units;
- Attend SAHS hosted events and Annual General Meetings.
As a Board Member, SAHS is looking for individuals with the following personal experience and competency:
- Leadership experience in real estate, business or community/social services sectors;
- Experience as a board member or senior staff working with a Board of Directors;
- Strong communication, negotiation and consensus building skills;
- Confidence in helping carry out fundraising plans, events organization and raising the profile of the Society through effective communications;
- Ability to be an advocate and ambassador for SAHS and the clients served;
- Financial management/literacy.